But does eating less salt mean eating bland, boring foods? Not necessarily! There are many ways to make meals that are both flavorful and healthy. Mrs. Dash and TwitterMoms have teamed up for new blogging program asking you to share your tips and recipes for "Flavorful Low-Sodium Family Meals." The first 50 qualified submissions will receive a $50 Amazon.com gift card! You can learn more about Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blends and get great recipe ideas from their site to inspire your own creations!
Here's my favorite low-sodium recipe:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Italian Medley Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
About Mrs. Dash
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, Mrs. Dash® Italian Medley Seasoning Blend and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
Mrs. Dash® doesn't just offer the tastiest salt-free seasoning you can find, they also have hundreds of delicious recipes. Most of these recipes are low sodium, and you'll find everything from appetizers, salads, vegetables and main dishes. Prepare tasty, healthy cuisine when you're cooking with Mrs. Dash® Salt-Free Seasoning Blends.
Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blends are available in 15 different salt-free varieties that add flavor to foods - everything from seafood to salad and meat to mixed vegetables.